Thursday 8th March 2018
The Ballroom, Double Tree by Hilton Hotel, Stadium MK
The Open University - Headline Sponsor
The Open University is the UK’s largest university and a world leader in flexible learning, with over 200,000 students worldwide. The OU’s quality and flexibility means that over 70% of students remain in employment while studying, and over 30,000 employers have developed their workforce with the University, including 80% of the FTSE 100.
As one of the largest employers in Milton Keynes, the OU is proud to be part of such a vibrant, successful and growing business community and pleased to be sponsoring these awards in recognition of this.
The Open University works with many employers and organisations in Milton Keynes, both as an education provider and drawing on its vast research expertise and facilities. This includes work with the MK Smart City, Big Data project.
• 4 in 10 of all UK part time undergraduate students are studying with the OU
• We believe that school grades aren’t the only thing that counts, which is why our undergraduate programme is open entry
• The OU has been in the top five universities for student satisfaction since the National Student Survey began in 2005
• OU qualifications are highly rated by employers for their quality and the commitment it takes to get one - 80% of FTSE 100 companies have developed their workforce with the OU. 30,000 UK employers including NHS, John Lewis and O2 have used the OU to develop their staff.
• The OU understands how people learn; that’s why we’re the leading expert in flexible HE - 70 of the 100 biggest universities in the UK use OU learning materials
• OU study is flexible, so students don’t need to put life or work on hold to get a qualification
• With the UK’s largest student community, students are never on their own - With 350 study locations across the UK and around 800 local events each year, it’s easy to meet OU staff and students
• The OU offers flexible payment options, and part-time students in England can now apply student loans which means no upfront payment for fees
• The OU helps all types of ordinary people achieve extraordinary things - Over 650 samples of OU courses are publicly available online, enabling people to experience OU study for free
For more information, visit www.open.ac.uk/employers/